1. What is a G license Renewal Course?
G License Renewal Course is a 4-hour class that security officers have to take every year.
2. What is the difference between G license class and G License Renewal Class?
G License class is 28-hours, after that security officer has to take 4-hour G License Renewal Class every year.
3. What is the difference between D license and G license?
D license allows you to become a unarmed security officer and G license allows you to carry a gun while on duty.
4. Where can I find more legal information on G license Class?
For more information on G license Class you can take a look at Florida state Chapters 493 and 790.
5. Do I have to bring my own gun to the class or do you provide it?
If you don’t have a gun, instructor will provide you a gun for a training period of the class, free of charge.
6. What is included in the G License Renewal course?
Florida firearms institute will provide you free of charge the following items: photo ($5), Application Notarization ($15), fingerprints ($20) and Training materials ($$$).
7. What do I have to bring to the G License Renewal Class?
Its wise to invest in your own tools that you can use in the future, every time you go to gun range. You need to have:
- Safety Glasses (if you don’t have ones, you can rent it in the range)
- Eyer plugs (also can be rented at the gun range, but for the hygiene purposes its better to have your own)
- 9mm Gun or Revolver.
8. How much is the range fees?
Range fees vary, depending on the range location, but usually from $10 to $20